Saturday, April 30, 2011

Movie Review: Army of Shadows

On a note related to the Existential Star Wars previous post, I watched Army of Shadows this week.  It's supposed to be about the French Resistance during WWII.  Instead, it's more about the Clouseau-like misadventures of a mid-level player who stumbles through various set pieces with a Gaulic shrug. The only people the Resistance guys manage to whack are other Resistance people (one's a snitch, the other's compromised; I guess that was their Fate), and the closest to a real mission they cary out would have been thwarted but for the corruption of a petty official.  Well, at least there was some minor humor in that one incident.
I don't recall any effective actions against the Nazis anywhere in the entire move.  Should have been named "Notes Administrative from the Events of 1940-45."  The only way it held my interest was that I kept waiting for the movie to wake up and for Stuff to Happen.  But no, it was a total waste of time.
1 of 4 stars, for being worthless but not actively pissing me off.

1 comment: