Saturday, July 2, 2011

In Other Caffeine News...

Picked up a Chemex coffee maker a month or so ago.  It's very nice.  The resulting coffee is slightly tastier than out of the Mr. Coffee, and doesn't take too much longer.  It's also slightly more of a ritual, so I still use the Mr. C on weekday mornings and the Chemex when I'm not so rushed.
Next from the Caffeine News File, I picked up a case of Monster Rehab last weekend, and wow that stuff is good.  Not very sweet, sort of an iced tea/lemonade cross flavor, and it's only 20 calories a can with no weirdo chemicals – either on the label or in the taste – that I can discern.  Not carbonated either, which is a plus in my book.  Just about right in summertime when you'd have coffee but it's a little too hot.  And it's full of B vitamins, so it's sort of a drinkable bug repellent too.

ps: and now I've got that damn Amy Winehouse song stuck in my head.  *sigh*  Guess I'll go put on that album now.

No comments:

Post a Comment