Sunday, June 17, 2012

Prometheus Unseen

After seeing these informal reviews (caution, massive spoilers, but who cares):
Prometheus Unbound: What the Movie Was Actually About.
In which the Atomic Nerds take the thing apart.
And my favorite, a review video Part 1 and Part 2 (massive spoiler, language, and sarcasm alerts).


All of which leaves me wondering what is this obscure crap, and why does Ridley Scott expect me to lay down my hard-earned money to watch a poorly-plotted, poorly-written, over-produced mess like this?  Sorry Hollywood.  You'll have to do better to get my money.  A truckload of interesting ideas blown scatter-shot at the screen imbedded with sci-fi trappings won't cut it.  I don't have the time to sit through a half-baked story line just because it's presented with a bunch of cool special effects.


It's just a shame.  I was really hoping to go see an intelligent sci-fi movie this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment