Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ten Years of Roomba

Article over at Mashable.
Amazing devices, finally got one myself a couple of weeks ago.  Here's a video of a Roomba like mine over at the manufacturer's web site.  Yes, it really does work.  Yes, it is a genuine labor- and hassle-saving device.  Yes, it really can get into a lot of places, including under beds.  And more importantly, it can find its way back out.  And even if it can't quite reach, entropy will eventually take care of that hidden dirt, as we've discussed previously.  I hit the start button on the way out the door in the morning, and when I get home it's sitting back at its recharging station, waiting patiently with a full charge and a binload of dirt.  No, it doesn't have any trouble navigating my house, all on its own and automatically.  The only hitch so far is that it sometimes high-centers on my easy chair's tapered legs, maybe one time out of five.
Yes, it has dramatically upped the level of cleanliness in my house.  Almost a cliche by now, but as so many other new Roomba owners have said: What took me so long?
The new models just came out last month, so street price is still full MSRP.  But Bed Bath & Beyond will give you a 20% off coupon if you go over to their site and give them your spam-bucket email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment