Wednesday, February 20, 2013

About time for a new one.

It's been 13 years, and that softtail was great but my back needed true full suspension.  So... here we go.  Click any pics to embiggen.

Lots of new tech.  Two by ten drivetrain.  Here's the two:

And here's the ten:
Will this skinny-ass 10-speed (10!) chain last in real world off-road conditions?  Dunno, but I have my doubts.  Ask me in a couple of months.

Disk brakes:
That's a big step up from ceramic rim V-brakes.  Those were good in the day.  These are better.

Here're the controls.  I know, I know, what am I doing with trigger shifting?  Trying something new, that's what.  At least it's SRAM and will work for a while:

Finally and as always, Wile E. points the way and provides inspiration:

It'd better not rain this weekend.

Crap, it just hit me, more to do on the bike.  Like get those reflectors off the spokes and stick the bottle cage on.  Also need to adjust the front shock.  Didn't even notice that handy air pressure table on the left leg until I went through these pictures.

It'd better not rain this weekend.  Wait, let's check...
Doesn't look too promising, does it?  Maybe next weekend.  Plenty of fine tuning to do in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment