Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Event Adaptation


Two radio events with two different means of adaptation, both at ARRL links:
Field Day 2020 – A Time to Adapt by operating individually.  But it's at the end of June, so who knows.
Annual Armed Forces Day Crossband Test Postponed from May 9th to... sometime.

Hm, my take on all this is that I usually have something else interfering with Field Day, usually a fishing trip with family, so the whole thing is moot.  Oh, I drag along the QRP rig in its go-box, but somehow it never quite gets on the air.  And for the crossband test, it's been fun in the past but I still need to figure out how to operate split on the '1200.  Maybe get to that if I can find a spare rainy weekend day.

In any case, this year's ARRL Field Day graphic is pretty damn groovy, so I've got to order a shirt:

Additional thoughts and mentions of these topics at KB6NU's place and The SWLing Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment