Saturday, January 2, 2021

Planning: Winter Field Day 2021


 Watchword for this year's WFD: Flexibility.  Haven't settled on an operating location, haven't really given things much thought.  And of course and as always, the weather has veto power on outdoor activities.  But, having tested and used the QRP radio last week, I do need to get the backpacking gear out and start scouting likely spots.  The possibilities abound, time to start weeding through them.  Just as soon as the rain stops.

 In case you're wondering, here's a link to the WFD site.

2 comments:

  1. I ran across your blog by means of QRZ and the WFD locator map. I was scanning the map for operators who registered in areas that I am interested in or visit frequently. We have a place in PSJ and always visit Apalachicola when we are down there. That would be a fantastic place to operate WFD from. I will probably just be doing my best to operate QRP CW from GA this year, but will likely plan to try somewhere down there next year.
    Good luck and 73 de N4ELC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good to hear from a fellow ham in the comments. If you happen to wander over to voice or PSK-31, we might catch up on 40 or 80m. Looks like I've settled on operating from the National Forest NE from town, and the weather *might* even cooperate. See you on the air & 73!

    ReplyDelete