Monday, February 21, 2022

Not Dead Yet


Despite the best efforts of Alphabet/Blogger to botch up their writing interface  – remember the frustrations of summer 2020? – I'll keep going at this, with more content up shortly.  Still, here's an interesting article on how blogs die: 
Key quote from the last paragraph:
... these spunky publications are cultural resources. Many of them contain immense amounts of information and research that would be more or less impossible to gather again.
I'm certainly seeing this phenomenon here.  As mentioned at the end of 2021, this blog has become something of a watering hole for a handful of simple radio-related questions that deserve simple answers, that somehow couldn't be found elsewhere.  Pfft, I even find myself referring back to it, and every time that I do so I think "I really ought to print that out and stick it in a notebook somewhere."

OK, my commitment to readers: If I quit: (a) I'll say so in a post within a month of quitting, (b) the content will be left in place, if for nothing more than to answer the above-mentioned questions, and (c) there is no Item c.  I do have to admit though, my original reason for starting this blog (a central spot for family and friends to check, so that I didn't have to email out links) has somewhat faded.  Still, blogging has its uses and it remains fun.  I'm here, for now; isn't that all any of us can say?

No comments:

Post a Comment