Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Friday Test-Rides at Santos

  • Orbea Occam: Fun, but kind of high in the handlebars.  Not my style
  • Intense Sniper: Well-balanced, it rides like a bike should.  I'm really leaning this way.
  • Cannondale Scalpel: Still need to give this one a try.  Maybe later this week when I take the Epic in for a rear shock overhaul.
  • Athletic Brewing: Not bikes, but decent non-alcohol IPAs.  On the buy list.
Looked at a few others, but they either weren't quite right for me, or were showroom-onlys, or there wasn't a test ride in my size.

Then there was a night ride – no crash, but some rain – followed by ibuprofen and sleep before Saturday's 50 miler epic.

Satellite view of the Santos trailhead campground.  Note the snore-zzzz's rising from the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment