Saturday, April 12, 2014

Driving Notes

I know my audience, and I know myself as well.  Time to put these driving notes into a short list:

When changing lanes: check all three mirrors, get your head on a swivel, and flip on the corresponding turn signal ahead of time.  Yes, I realize that using a turn signal in New Orleans is a signal for other drivers to cut you off.  Do it all anyway.

Snow is for cones.  Ice is for tea.  Neither is for driving.  We are all Southerners here, and have no business out and about when that awful white stuff begins falling.

Before any trip of more than a half-hours' duration, check a weather map.  When red box conditions prevail, the trip can usually wait.

On the topic of texting, fumbling with the stereo, hunting for the beer bottle opener in the back seat, etc. while attempting to pilot a car: covered last month.

Do not rely on the other driver's good judgement, he may have none.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that this is usually the case.  Prime exhibit: last week's Rat Brain Minivan Incident.

There, all done.  Here, have a little music about cars.  Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment