Sunday, January 10, 2016

Low(er) Carb Coca-Cola


Stumbled across a new variety of Coke last week, a little green-labled bottle named "Coke Life."  I'm not much of a Coke drinker, but this intrigued me.  It's made with cane sugar, but about 2/3 as much as usual, with the 1/3 sweetness slack taken up by a dab of stevia.  Put it in an 8 ounce bottle and you end up with only 15 grams of total carbs per Coke.  As much as I've benefited from this low-carb diet, where less than 100 total grams per day is the target, I can afford 15 grams of carbs in a cold drink now and again.  Throw in that it's made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, and now it's definitely worth having around the house.


Hm, I wonder if it'll sell in enough quantity to stay on the local grocery shelves?  Time will tell.  In the meantime, that green label reminds me of this old song.  You should probably go listen to it about now.

Little different kind of green label here, but it does mix pretty well to make a rum & coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment