Just back in town from a trip over to Apalachicola for the Florida Seafood Festival. I'm sure some pictures will trickle in from friends and family over the next week or so, but I don't have any at the moment. In the meantime, here's a bullet list of the highlights:
- 1am arrival, a six hour after-work drive. That works a maximum of once per week.
- A quick check-in with all the shops (here, here, and here; oh and here) in my building downtown. Everything's cool.
- Lunch at Dolores' Sweet Shop. Greek salads all around!
- Quick trip to consult with a friend on an RF transmission problem.
- Nap. (see first item)
- Backyard get-together featuring cheap rye whisky, very good cigars, and flawless oysters from Allen Seafood.
- Parade. Sort of saw a lot of it, mostly caught up with old friends.
- Lunch of gumbo at 13 Mile Seafood's retail shop. Day-yum!
- A quick turn through the main festival booths. Didn't get much, just a truck window decal proclaiming "Mullet Life."
- More visits with old friends.
- Beers at the Oyster City Brewing Company. Had their Red Snapper IPA for the first time, very good stuff.
- Another backyard/beachfront get-together, this time featuring a bonfire and smoked mullet dip. Oh yeah!
- Minor furniture re-arranging, packing out, saying of good-byes.
- The heaviest rain hit before I'd left the city limits. It only got better from there on the drive home. An easy six hours.
Good weekend. More later. I am sure that I left out something more than the pictures.