Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bay Bridge Art


There's a series of bronze plaques on the Bay of St. Louis Bridge.  They're a nice touch, and they really dress things up on the walking/bike path.  Now having sung their praises, I have to confess that I'd never really looked closely at any of them apart from the one at the bridge's peak.  So on last Sunday's bike ride I took a few moments to take a snapshot of each one on my way back from Pass Christian.  Here are the results, click to embiggen:























Sure that's a lot of pics (22!), and I could've dribbled them out over a couple of weeks, here they all are in one swell foop.  BTW, they're arranged east to west starting in the Pass in reaching to the Bay at 1/10th mile spacings.  The plaque from the bridge's peak is the one with the mermaid holding out the sun and the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment