Thursday, April 29, 2010

Avatar Reflux, er, make that Redux

So at the trailhead last weekend, Murph was going on about finally seeing Avatar now that it's out on video.
Murph: "I saw it, but I must've missed something.  Why were people so crazy about this movie?  I just didn't think it was that good.  Did I miss something?"
Me: "Yeah, you missed something alright, the 3D part.  The rest was pretty lame.  But the 3D was cool, it felt like being there."
Well, that's my take and I still stand by my original review.  But if you want to see the nuclear option where the two reviewers twist their keys simultaneously, go check out LabRat and Stingray's, over at Atomic Nerds.  I dunno, maybe if I was forced to watch the 2D version while somebody jabbed needles into my leg I could work up a comparable level of loathing.  But I really don't think I could get it down on a keyboard with quite as much style.

No comments:

Post a Comment