Monday, January 23, 2012

The Seventh Seal

Woke with a stabbing pain in my lower back (600 mg of ibuprofen later, all better, thank you) so I stayed home and lounged in my very-carefully adjusted easy chair while waiting for this back thing to sort itself out.  So naturally, I had time to catch up on movies.  I'd been trying to get to The Seventh Seal for something like 25 years now.  If you haven't seen it, don't wait as long as I did.  It's everything good that people have been saying about it for the last 55 years.
And do it right, watch it with subtitles.  After watching (with subtitles) one time through, I went back and watched the first 15 or so minutes with the English dub.  Not the same at all.  Do it, and do it right.  You don't want any lingering regrets like "I watched the dubbed version," 'case, you know, well, you just don't want to have any lingering regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment