Friday, February 2, 2018

The Case for One Bike


Over at Dirt Rag there's a recent opinion piece: The cases for the one-bike stable.  It's short, so go read.  I've got a fresh cup of coffee so I'll wait right here.

OK, you're back.  Funny thing, I've been thinking along these lines myself, and when a friend and colleague stopped by my office last week and saw my CX bike, he started in on how he was thinking of this too.  True, nobody's winning a road crit or a mountain bike race on a do-all "one" bike, but how many of us are really serious about racing anyway?  It does simplify life, and of course it reduces costs considerably.

Everyone's got their own take on the matter of what should be "the one," as it should be.  The author of the the Dirt Rag editorial has his (flat bars? oh really?), and the commentators have theirs.  I think though if you want mine, just type "CX" in the search window at the top of this page.  You'll find all kinds of things: trips to the coffee shop, mountain biking, a double metric road century, even a VHF antenna mount.  Here are some nice recycled pictures:


So what'd be your one bike, if you had to cull it down to just one?

No comments:

Post a Comment