Friday, April 15, 2022

Farewell to The Bay


I'm just back from a visit  to Bay St. Louis, my home for 30 years.  Mostly, it was a three day whirlwind of parties and meet-ups with old friends, but I still had enough time to tour around the town, take in the sights, and even to spend a pleasant hour or so reading under the Washington Street beach pavilion.  The old house is virtually unchanged, but some of the woods out back have been leveled for development.  That's a common complaint all over in small towns these days.  The Mockingbird is doing well, now eschewing the night life and having settled into a relaxed breakfast and lunch place groove.  Ran into several of the regulars there, which was lucky happening.  The rest of town looked the best it has in years, having largely re-opened and recovered after covid and Hurricane Zeta.

Here's a 180 degree pano-wrap from the Washington Street pavilion.
Not my cruiser bike, not my kid-hauler.

This trip was a nice coda after having lived there so long.  Thing hadn't changed, much, in this little bit of time.  I'm sure that by the next time I'm through the area the changes will have begun to stack up and become more noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment