Saturday, December 24, 2022

I suspect these color combos are no coincidence.


I was slowly chewing through a review of the hope and promise and cynicism of the early 90's in The GenX Reader the other night, when returning to the sofa with yet another whisky I noticed the album cover of what I was listening to, and all the rest of it had sort of lined up.  Nothing profound, just a snapshot of an evening on the sofa reading while listening to an old favorite.


I remember a 1987 road trip down south (as in "south of Tallahassee," which at the time meant getting out of the Deep South and into more Miami Vice-type territory) shortly after seeing The Replacements play.  There was this inescapable feeling that a change was in the air.  In retrospect some decades later, others seem to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment