Sunday, November 5, 2023

My best time: 7 o'clock


People grumble about the time change from daylight savings to standard time (to which I just say "mgph" through a mouthful of coffee), then they wail in agony about the converse change in the spring.  It doesn't affect me at all these days, and it barely affected me when I had to keep some semblance of a schedule.  It all comes down to this: before 10am is too damn early, in which case I decide to – or not to – shoulder the burden and get on with whatever it is, or after 10am, which more or less counts as a civilized  hour.  But when it comes to creativity, I will start at 7 o'clock PM.  Is that daylight or standard time?  Who cares, I'm already up, have had a few meals and after supper coffee, and I'm ready to go.

If you want more on this topic, go read The Tyranny of the Morning People at Tam's place.  There's a bonus link to a mercifully short article at The Atlantic from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment