Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Equinox Noted


Time marches onward and two of the local palm trees have marched upward, so my usual living room equinox light show – in which the rising sun formerly beamed through the kitchen window, bounced off a picture of a gargoyle, to a picture of Horus, and finally onto the living room wall shared by my office – anyway, it seems to be a thing of the past.  At least, so long as those two palm trees block the way.  And yes, I realize that sounds like something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I swear it all just happened by accident.  Anyway, the inset picture is from spring 2023.  I had forgotten until I looked it up just now how bright that reflection had been.

Also worth mentioning, here's an old post noting this day in aviation history when, 22 years apart, the B-29 and B-70 prototypes first took wing.  What a Difference 22 Years Makes  Somehow, 2004 just doesn't seem all that long ago.

Finally, I see that the morning cool forecasts for this Thursday, Friday, & Saturday have been revised downward to 65º.  I'll take it!

ps: Speaking of weird chance celestial alignments, take a look at today's NASA APOD.  Huh.

pps: We seem to have the leading edge of the first ragged cold front about to pass over.  Ragged or not, I'll take it.
Sweet relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment