Friday, April 29, 2011

Intervals, Week 4: too wiped out to blog

Seriously.
Spent last weekend off the bike eating aspirin and glucosamine, took a light mtb spin on Monday, then hit it 1:30 on / 1:00 off, repeat six times, rest-spin about eight minutes, then do the whole set over again.  Not fun, but I was feeling OK afterward.
Then around 4:15pm, having dozed at my desk for about 45 minutes, I came to with absolutely no memory of drifting off to sleep, feeling tired, or anything.  Just like somebody'd flipped a switch, I'd been asleep.  A tad spooky.

Thursday the weather was perfect, and I was able to ride so hard that I quit caring about pain.  Afterward, coughing fits, lethargy, and an upset stomach.  But during the ride I felt unstoppable.  The intervals are working, though there is a cost.

I plan on hitting the trails at Desoto this weekend, then one more week of intervals.  Ugh.  Intervals put you in a place past pain: it doesn't hurt anymore to go all out, and you're too damned tired to care.  But the payoff will come the week after they're all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment