Thursday, March 19, 2020

Is Backpacking During the Pandemic a Good Idea?


See article over at Section Hiker on this.  Or I dunno, just apply Betteridge's Law and move on with a minimum of effort.

I ran into a similar conundrum last Sunday, and decided not to go mountain biking.  It's not that I'm concerned about picking up anything while on the trail, far from it.  It's just that I am concerned about landing in the ER, adding any tiny amount of strain to the local hospital's load, and having to gimp through the coming weeks when we all need to be at 100%.  So I just rode the seawall, as shown in Tuesday's post.  Looks like what I'll be doing for the foreseeable future.

But yeah, heading out on an extended backcountry hike, wondering about future supplies and transportation that may be needed?  Probably a really bad idea right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment