Saturday, March 18, 2023

Santos Fat Tire Fest Wrap-Up


Yesterday was follow-up day, taking the mtb in to have the suspension overhauled and test riding a Cannondale Scalpel up at Epic Bikes in Tallahassee.  The Scalpel?  It's a good bike, but I'm not sure it's for me.  It didn't quite have the balanced/cool factor of that Intense I rode last week, plus it costs about 20% more.  Also, it had Shimano not SRAM parts, pretty much a DQ in my book.  I'm still looking.  In the meantime, the mtb should be out of the bike hospital in a month or so.

The best part about the Santos FTF though?  Meeting up with old friends and making a few new ones.  All of us who camped there had some Biloxi connection – lived there, still live there, regularly ride the Bethel Trails, whatever – and it was a reunion of sorts.  That's the best part, the part that'll keep me coming back.

Some of the usual suspects.  Rope LEDs under a canopy: the new campfire for warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment