Thursday, March 16, 2023

Saturday Epic at Santos: Everything You Wanted and More


The 50 Mile Epic ride is the centerpiece of the Santos Fat Tire Fest, as damned well it should be.  Here's more or less a map of the route, shamelessly screen cap'd from here:

General area orientation map, perhaps not 100% accurate.  Out and back, but most of the trail was one-way traffic.

Favorite part?  "Diggings" or some such name.  I was riding pretty hard at the time so I didn't catch everything on the sign.  It was a mile of short climbs that descended into scary-but-surprisingly-easy rocks and roots. Rolling fun!  Least favorite part?  The last five miles where my rear suspension had leaked down and my back needed a rest.  I was forced – forced! – by the discomfort to stop for a coffee break.  (freeze-dried crystals washed down with warm camelbak slosh, yum)  Finished with a little bit of reserve in my tank, but pretty much ready for supper and a sleep.


Congrats to OMBA (facebook link; sorry, all they got) for putting on another terrific fat tire fest.  Already working on plans to attend next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment